Have your say: Sheffield Visual Art Vision Consultation
Posted on 26.10.2018
19 November / 10-1 or 2-5 / Leader House, Surrey Street, Sheffield, S1 2LH
Making Ways have been working with Julia Bell to develop a vision document for the Visual Arts in Sheffield. We are aiming to involve as many artists as possible – and are especially keen to ensure emergent/younger artist’s voices are heard.
There will be a last consultation day on November 19th and it would be great if you can be involved. Session will be an opportunity to hear the themes that are coming through and to add your own. It will also be a chance to reflect, add, amend, challenge, shape and refine the thinking further.
If you would like to attend one of these sessions please email: email@example.com indicating which session you would prefer.
If you are unable to attend but still want to contribute your thoughts, please email Julia with answering the following questions (Please answer any one or all of the questions as you feel able to respond to):
- What kind of vision do you want to see for the visual arts in Sheffield in the next 5 – 10 years?
- What kind of collaboration and communication would you like to see within the sector?
- What opportunities would you like to see or do you believe need to exist to support talent development of artists, curators, organisations?
- What kind of profile do you want Sheffield to have nationally and internationally?
- What kind of audience and community engagement do you believe the sector needs to embrace and what kind of civic impact do you want to see?
- What kind of political engagement and sectoral leadership is needed to ensure we can deliver our vision?
- Who do we need to partner with to make things happen?
This forms part of Making Ways, a programme supported by Sheffield Culture Consortium through Arts Council England to showcase, celebrate and develop the exceptional contemporary visual art produced in the city.Making Ways, News